Cognitive Hypnotherapy with Trevor Silvester
Flourish and Thrive Ep 7: Cognitive Hypnotherapy with Trevor Silvester
In this episode of the Flourish and Thrive radio show, Kate Hartley interviews Trevor Silvester, the founder of Cognitive Hypnotherapy and the Training Director of The Quest Institute. He is a practising Hypnotherapist with a clinic in Harley Street. Trevor has gained a reputation as one of the leading experts in the theory and practice of hypnotic language, and his integration of modern scientific discoveries into the practical aspects of therapy has made him one of the key figures in the modern therapy field.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy With Trevor Silvester
Plus, in the episode:
- The difference between standard hypnotherapy and cognitive hypnotherapy.
- The importance of fostering an ILOC (internal locus of control) as opposed to an ELOC (external locus of control).
- There is no winning or losing – rather there is winning and learning.
- Why we need to nurture our children within a framework of growth instead of protection.
- The value of remaining flexible as well as having fun in our approach to life and parenthood.
More about Trevor Silvester:
Trevor’s latest book, Grow! Personal Development for Parents, came about as he realised that as a therapist, talking to clients about their problems in life, on every single occasion he can track their issues back to lessons they learned or mis-learned when they were young.
The book’s purpose is to help parents raise children with the skills they need to set them up for life. He says that if we can raise our children with ILOC they have the best chance of succeeding in life.
He stresses the importance of being resilient, flexible and having an ability to accept that mistakes happen, yet we can use those mistakes as an opportunity for learning and self-growth.
Trevor’s mantra is: “To seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield.” Ulysses by Tennyson. He says that each of the four elements are necessary to live a fulfilled life.
- Wordweaving: The Science of Suggestion
- The Question is the Answer
- Cognitive Hypnotherapy: What’s that about and How do I use it?
- Lovebirds: How to Live with the One You Love
- How to Click: Dating with Confidence
- Grow! Personal Development for Parents