Mamas Get Their Mojo Back with Lori Carey
Flourish and Thrive Ep 8: Mamas Get Their Mojo Back with Lori Carey
In this episode of the Flourish and Thrive radio show, Kate Hartley interviews Lori Carey, Life Coach and Creator of Exciting Opportunities. Lori specializes in helping Mamas get their Mojo back!
Giving Mamas Their Mojo Back with Lori Carey
Lori talks about how she struggled and beat depression when she realised she had lost her identity of who she was deep down, underneath the layers of being a mom and a wife.
Plus, in the episode:
- The importance of finding a mentor to keep you accountable as you continue to grow as an individual.
- That by getting out of our comfort zones, we give ourselves the opportunity to grow and gain in confidence.
- Lori’s depression and what she did to pull herself out of it.
- The story behind the creation of Mom is the Bomb.
- Lori’s top 3 insights:
- Don’t give unsolicited advice.
- Forgive people, even when that person is yourself.
- You are not defined by your past.
- The importance of connection.
More about Lori:
Lori has two teenage daughters, and a few years ago, as they started pulling away from her she became terrified. She says her identity was so wrapped up in being a mom to her daughters that she didn’t know what she was going to do with herself when they fled the nest. She couldn’t remember what her life was like before kids.
She then discovered that her friends were dealing with the same concerns which made her set out on a journey of discovery to crack the code for moms to help them find their passion and purpose again and to get their mojo back. She succeeded and now she helps her clients play a bigger game and live their epic lives.
Lori educates women to be prepared on a personal, marital and relational level for when their children leave home. She helps moms redefine their negative self-talk and uncover their fears that may be causing them to use self-sabotaging behaviours. She helps women achieve passion, purpose, fulfillment and freedom.
Lori’s favorite quote is by Mother Teresa: “If there is no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”
For more on Lori, visit:
Facebook Page: lori-carey-life-coach
Facebook Group: Mamas with Mojo
Instagram: Lori Carey Coaching